You have come to the right place to find information on Distillation, Hydrosols and Alembic Stills.
Here is a place to find additional information on distillation of hydrosols and essential oils.
The Art of Distillation is a fascinating and wonderful Journey. We suggest you attend distillation demonstrations, participate in a workshop if possible and read lots! There are as many ways to distill as there are distillers, so learn from many and create your own style. Once you learn the basics, distilling on the ancient style Alembics is not only fun but very rewarding.
Check back here often as we add information and links regularly.
- Harvest to Hydrosol, Distill Exquisite Hydrosols at Home, 2015 A. Harman
- Distillation, A How to Booklet – Click here to order
- 2001 J Rose and B Alkire, ISBN 1-879687-08-9 – Available from www.jeannerose.net or www.aromaticplantproject.com
- Secrets of the Still, G Firth – Out of Print copies can be found on internet and in some libraries
- The Compleat Distiller, 2004, Nixon & McCaw, ISBN 0-476-00819-0
- The Practical Handbook of Plant Alchemy, 1985, Junius ISBN 0-89281-485-3
- Alchemist’s Handbook, 1974, Albertus, ISBN 0-87728-655-8
- Practical Distiller, 1889, Monzert, reprinted in 1987, ISBN 0-917914-58-9
Want to learn about hydrosols? You have come to the right place!
Ann Harman has spent most of her life learning about plants and the natural world. She has been distilling for nearly 20 years and shares her knowledge through lectures, workshops and her new website.
Circle H Institute – www.circlehinstitute.com — a website “dedicated to the research, education and promotion of hydrosols.”
Jeanne Rose has spent decades educating the public about Hydrosols and Distillation. She started the Aromatic Plant Project as an educational organization and “assists people in finding the correct essential oil and hydrosol distillers and distillation equipment for their needs.”
Jeanne also offers Workshops, Aromatherapy Kits for training, and Courses. Her website is a wealth of information, grab a cup of tea and spend some time looking around.
- 375 Essential Oils & Hydrosols, 1999, J Rose, ISBN 1-883319-89-7
- Understanding Hydrolats: The Specific Hydrosols for Aromatherapy, 2004, L&S Price, ISBN 0443-07316-3
- Hydrosols: The Next Aromatherapy, 2001, S Catty, ISBN 0-89281-946-6
Latest From Our customers
Over the years, we've been honored to serve hundreds of happy customers. Here are just a few sharing their Copperstills.com experience: